Sunday, October 28, 2007

Carv'n Pun'kins


My neighbor invited me several times to carve pumpkins with her and her family and friends before I finally relented to put my hand in the guts of the slimy things. To my pleasant surprise, it was a blast! None of us knew what we would carve before we started but it didn't matter. This was last year.

Thanks to some interesting circumstances, we held our own pumpkin carving this year. My aunt and I headed down to the pumpkin patch to pick out the wartiest, most perfect pumpkin of the hundreds on the ground.

April and Rob really made Aunt Lita and Whitney's first pumpkin carving experience complete with Halloween music, spider rings, fun carving tools, and a HUGE guts bucket! I was hoping to cook a bunch from the fruit of our labor, but work seemed to get in the way. I only managed to crank out one loaf of pumpkin bread and currently two batches of seeds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that was an awesome halloween experience with lots of fun included!!!! Can't wait till next year!!!!!!!!

Aunt Lita

JenOdom said...

I know, right!? A fun tradition has begun!

–Jen