Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Jessica & Alex's Awesome Invite

I'm trying something new! Thanks Jessica for being my sweat guinea pig! Jessica and Alex are atypical, non-traditional, hey-let's-go-for-it people. They'll be getting married outside at the R-Ranch in Dahlonega this coming June, and I have the honor of being the primary shooter at their wedding! Jessica didn't want to do the traditional white invitation pressed on rag paper. She wanted something that fit her style, so we decided to do some state-of-the-ART digital printing on watercolor paper. It's a 5x5 trifold that we put in a white envelope. Here is the design result:






I love this product, and any designer who knows me could pin point my taste. Jessica's older sister, Whitney Carlson of Dove Wedding Photography, shot the photos in Nashville. Read her post about the engagement sessions here:

P.S. Note to all of you thinking of sending square stationary through the Postal Service: it costs $0.17 extra per envelope seeing as how the square dimensions do not fit nicely in the machines and must be hand fed.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Jenn!

Hi, Its Melissa Pepin from last nights PUG meeting...we were talking about Whitney going to Cedar Shoals and living in Nashville and having Dove photography and I totally KNOW that I looked uber perplexed...but I figured it out and now I can clear up why I looked like an idiot when we were talking about which high school she went too! My friend Alex Brown got married last March at the Carl House and you guys did the wedding..hahaha..I was like.."Dove photography..that sounds soooo familiar...hmm" but ..yea..it was you guys! :) I know that she and Alex have known each other forever and im glad I finally made the connection in my head! hahahah it was great meeting you last night!

JenOdom said...

Ah, yes, Alex Brown the Great! We met at UGA on a drama team that he directed called Centerstage. He and Whitney served together on the same team the previous year. Those were good times.

Anonymous said...

Jen-I get a million compliments on our lovely invitations! Thank you SOOO much! Oh yeah and it' actually 20 cents extra for postage. But....I think regular wedding invitations with the extra envelope, rsvp cost extra too b/c of the weight! I got one in the mail and they paid 58 cents postage. So really it only costs four cents more for the square(And they are much more unique and beautiful!!!)

JenOdom said...

Amazing! I love the square option. I'm so glad you guys went with that solution. Good thinking!